In order to get the best hair color for fair skin, you must look at many factors such as your undertones, eye color (whether you have blue eyes, brown eyes or green eyes) etc. You will even ask whether fair skin is warm or cool. With all these pieces of hair color quiz considered when choosing, what is the best hair color for fair skin women and men?
In this series of good hair color choices for you, we have already seen the best for people with hazel eye color. Today the focus is on fair or pale skinned women. Celebrity hair trends, though much focused on hairstyles, never fail to involve jaw dropping hair dye choices that sometimes define our entire look at what we wear.
Borrowing from their ideas of celebrity hair stylists such as Justin Anderson who does hair for actresses and musicians such as Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Aniston, let’s find out suitable hair color ideas for girls with fair skin and brown eyes, blue eyes and even green eyes.
What is the Best Hair Color for Fair Skin and Brown Eyes?
- What is the Best Hair Color for Fair Skin and Brown Eyes?
- Best Hair Color for Fair Skin and Blue Eyes
- Good Hair Colors for Fair Skin and Green Eyes
- Best Blonde Hair Color for Fair Skin
- Best Brunette Hair Color for Fair Skin
- Best Red Hair Color for Fair Skin
- Best Brown Hair Colors for Fair Skin
- Best Hair Color for Cool Fair Skin
By now you already know that one of the best ways to highlight your eye color is with your hair color. You can choose to make them pop or even conceal them a little. Most people with dark brown eyes on a pale skin want to try to brighten them up because they can be a little overwhelming for fairer light skinned women. So, what is the best hair color for fair skin with brown eyes?
- Fair skin, warm undertones and brown eyes: For this combination, Kellilynn Marie, an editor at Your Beauty recommends that you go for colors such as red, ginger, gold, rust and mahogany.
- For people with fair skin, cool undertones and brown eyes, she recommends platinum, jet black hair dyes, flat and fawn browns, coffee and mahogany as well.
Brown eyes can sometimes come with a golden tint to them. Some people see them as light brown eyes. If you fall in this category, stick with cool tones or shades. An example would be medium brown with strokes of lighter highlights. And what should you void? Stay away from intense shades including black, white and platinum.
Best Hair Color for Fair Skin and Blue Eyes
HairWiki point out that most people with fair skin and blue eyes have blue, pink or purple undertones. That means that you are cool toned. Therefore, you will look very sexy and flattering in blonde hair, since “you make an ideal blonde”.
There’s a general temptation for girls with this characteristic set to go for very dark hair shades. While this can look good and striking against a fairer skin tone, your eyebrows and eyelashes may betray you since they are likely to be lighter than your hair. If you want to wear darker shades, then you will need to change eyebrow color (and eyelash color too).
What if you have blue eyes and freckles? What colour is best for you? Well, red can work well for your skin and freckles. In fact, some people think that fair skin, blue eyes and freckles with a good red hair color will make the perfect redhead.
- Tip #1: Avoid ashen tones including ash blonde hair
- Tip #2: If you have some golden sheen in your natural hair, choose warm tones such as reddish, copper, strawberry blonde as well.
Good Hair Colors for Fair Skin and Green Eyes
Did you know that green eyes are kind of rare? Well, they are very attractive, and dazzling. But being rare, you can find it so difficult to get the right advice especially when selecting makeup colors, one of them being hair colors.
Women with green eyes and a fairer skin can try on various hues, but this will depend on whether you have cool or warm undertones. As a general rule here, you can wear shades of red and brown. Black and blonde will also look great. Honey blonde, or total blonde will lighten you up and make you look lively.
- For green eyes with fair skin and cool undertones, you can choose blonde, red, black and brown. Black will create a good contrast and allow your eyes to show; blonde with cool, light ash and platinum tones will make you outstanding while shades of red with hints of purple will help you show off your green eye color.
- For ladies with fair skin, green eyes and warm undertones, go for blonde, but avoid brass-like or very light shades. Medium colors with caramel and bronze hues will look great.
Best Blonde Hair Color for Fair Skin
So, what is the best blonde hair dye for fair skin tone? Celebrity women with a light skin such as Gwen Stefani have made it a staple and signature color choice with a platinum blonde hue. Some top hair colorists such as Marie Robinson and Rita Hazan, as quoted on Allure Magazine (see sources at the end) note that blonde hair colors for fair skin can be tailor-made to suit your particular undertones. Here are blonde shades to go for:
This one can be worn with red lipstick as well. Even with the bright color on your lips, you will still remain confident that your facial features are not camouflaged or lost.
Think a celebrity like Margot Robbie. She has the striking blonde hair on her fair skin with green eyes. If you have light eyes and light skin as well, go for a nice mix of honey, gold and butter. According to Hazan, this will make you look naturally blonde.
Sandy Blonde on Warm Fair Skin
Again, a good celebrity to borrow from is Scarlett Johansson. If your skin looks warmly rich, your colorist should go for dark blonde color at the base and then highlight from the mid length with cool highlights.
Natural Blonde Women
Sometimes you want to give your natural hair a twist and some richness. When this is so, you can add some warmth to the roots of your hair with a brownish blonde shade then add some buttery highlights. If your colorist and stylist makes these highlights cascade, you will definitely look perfect.
For the simplicity of choosing and making sure your colorist gets the right temporary hair dye for this look, instruct for a caramel hair dye for the base, light blonde dye for your mid-length highlights and finally some faded or pale shades for shaping your face.
Best Brunette Hair Color for Fair Skin
Brunette hair color, also known to be brown shades, has a reputation of boring. But that is because it is oftentimes done the wrong way. If you know how to choose the right brunette hair color for fair skin, you will come out stunning and chic. You can have it all, from brunette shades for warm skin tones, brunette hair color for green eyes and fair skin, cool skin tones and a lot more. So, let’s see what your picks should be if you have fair skin and want to go brunette-tey.
Mahogany Hair Dye on Fair Skin: It is true that when you choose what is seen as an ultra-dark shade on light skin complexion, you are likely to look bad. However, when you add some tinges of red, boom! You will have something completely cool. Just make thicker ribbons so that you get a soft look despite the shades of hair being very close.
Ombre Shades on Fair Skin: See Jessica Biel. You will go for dark to light variations of ombre hair color on fair skin. This will make sure that the effect is not harsh. Simply let your hair colorist to choose a medium brown base and go with “two shades lighter range through the tips” as advised Josh on Allure Magazine. Something else worth considering – choose waves over straight hair because waves will conceal the painting.
Golden Brown Brunette Hair Color on Pale Skin: Now, if you are looking for a beachy look on your mane, then this is a good brunette hair color for your fair skin with yellow undertones. Not only can you look flamboyant but also very natural especially if you make your hair wavy.
- Let your colorist to paint your bases light brown
- Then go for highlights that are two to three shades lighter in order to give your hair dimension
According to Harry Josh, this kind of hair dye does not need too many touch ups. He actually says that just three times of touch ups every year are enough. (Harry Josh does Gisele’s hair).
Best Red Hair Color for Fair Skin
Red hair and it shades is not reserved for girls with fair skin tone. However, even though every beautician knows that pale or light skinned people will definitely score well with this color shade, there are a few variations you can go for to look fresh and creative. With that in mind, here are the best red hair colors for light skin you will find flattering.
- Brownish Copper Red Dye: Copper to orange is one of the commonest types of red dyes in the hair beauty industry. You have seen it on celebrities such as Tomassi Hill and Hendricks. Note that if you have an olive skin tone, this kind of red will clash with your undertones.
- Soft Ginger: Ginger hair colors are common with women are natural redheads. Since it is a naturally lighter hue or shade, you can make it more of a red shade by choosing the darker tones. They can look good on both warm skin tones and cool skin tones. Any darker shade of ginger will look great on women with light eyes and light skin as well.
- Auburn Hair Color on Fairer Skin: Girls with a fair complexion with neutral undertones, go ahead and make the medium auburn shine with gloss treatment.
- Bright Orange Red: Probably the best hair color for pale skins. Sometimes, it is described as carroty. When you try it, you will notice that it will light up a pale face and make features such as eye color and your lip color stand out. Caution: Bright orange red dye for pale skin is not good on long hair.
Best Brown Hair Colors for Fair Skin
Do you have a light skin tone? Well, according to Deborah Dunham writing for You Beauty, “staying within two levels of your natural color most likely means keeping your hair a medium brown shade.” She goes ahead to advice on choosing shades of brown hair dye for fairer women:
- First, avoid very dark hair tones. Reason? If you are fair skinned, you do not have enough pigment to handle the darker brown shades.
- Second, test with warm red tones of brown as you move towards the lighter ones such as strawberry.
- Third, in most cases, these tones work perfectly as highlights than as the main hue.
Best Hair Color for Cool Fair Skin
Cool skin tone depends a lot on the undertones you have. If you do not know how to determine whether you have a cool or warm skin tone, you can try various tests, such as the vein test. With that in mind, what general hair colors look good for cool fair skins? There will be many variations here in this light:
- Cool skin tone with brown eyes
- Cool skin tone and green eyes
- Cool skin tones with blue eyes
- Cool skin with hazel eyes and finally
- Cool skin with freckles
According to Minardi, you should “avoid dark colors like deep browns and blacks as contrasting skin and hair tones are less flattering” if you have cool fair skin. You can apply warm-light brown tones of hair or and have a mix of blonde highlights.
Really, choosing hair colors and dyes can be a big challenge if you have no idea how to match what to what, or what to highlight. While you can get it right with the best hair colors for fair skin (and specific eye color), it is easy to encounter other challenges such as freckles, wrinkles and even age. When this is the case, always refer to your hair colorist to help you with your choice.
- Total Beauty: What’s the Best Hair Color For You?
- YouBeauty: Hair Color and Your Skin Tone
- Allure Magazine: The Most Flattering Brunette Hair Colors for Every Skin Tone
- Your Beauty 411: Best Hair Color for Light Brown and Dark Brown Eyes