Facial hair can define a man’s manliness. But can you stimulate facial hair growth? Can you make your hair grow thicker and fuller beard on your face? Here are tips on how to stimulate facial hair follicles to make hair grow fuller and faster. (Also watch video at the end for the best tips.)
According to Real Men Real Style, facial hair is “associated with higher male hormones (aggression and masculinity).” The Evolution and Human Behavior peer-reviewed academic journal also notes that “facial hair strongly influences people’s judgments of men’s socio-sexual attributes.”
For some people, the desire to grow a thicker beard is more about stamping masculinity. But can you stimulate facial hair follicles for better growth?
Can you stimulate follicles for hair growth?
- Can you stimulate follicles for hair growth?
- How to stimulate facial hair growth
- 1. How to stimulate facial hair growth by committing to the growth
- 2. How to stimulate facial hair growth by leaving the hair alone as it grows
- 3. Using beard oil to make facial hair grow faster
- 4. Hair growth supplements to make facial hair grow
- 5. Practice proper facial skin care, massage
- 6. Diet for growing hair on face
- 7. Exercise to increase blood flow
- 8. Rest to improve overall health
- 9. Reduce stress
- Grow Facial Hair Medically
- Best facial beard hair growth stimulants
Most people dream of growing a very thick, luxurious beard or even a stylish mustache. Unfortunately, the facial hair may be tricky to grow. A lot of the growth of the facial hair has to do with genetics.
Some men would like to have a very thick, but can’t seem to grow more than a few thin patches on the face. While a person can’t change the genetics, there are very many ways you can assist to encourage the facial hair to grow in a thicker, and in fuller.
A person can also make most of the lifestyle changes to assist encourage facial hair growth. Remember that growing facial hair won’t happen over short period.
How to stimulate facial hair growth
While facial hair grows by itself, there’s always something you can do to encourage face hair to grow. Beard oil applications, diet and some hair growth supplements can make your beard grow bigger and faster. Here are home remedies to grow facial hair faster.
1. How to stimulate facial hair growth by committing to the growth
You can be much frustrated that you are not able to grow the beard that is as full as you would want.
But the real problem may not be lack of growth, but lack of time. Beards might take up to four full weeks or even longer to fully grow in. Most of the people give up before that particular time, and assume that they can’t grow a full beard, when in reality, they gave up very soon.
- Growing a beard is a project that you are required to commit to. Don’t give up after a few days. If after five weeks you still don’t have results you’re seeking, then it is time to try some other methods.
- Do not shave the facial hair at the initial sign of itching. It is very normal for the new hairs to make the skin to feel a bit itchy, but as they get longer, they will then soften, and the itching will eventually stop.
- Apply an over-the-counter steroid cream such as the hydro-cortisone. This can assist to relieve some of the itching.
- Waiting for the hair to grow might be a frustrating experience, especially when the beard and the mustache goes through a scraggly times, something that may have people to comment.
As the hair starts to grow in, it can seem patchy and very incomplete. However, as the hairs become much longer, the slower-growing follicles can have time to sprout their own hairs. Eventually, the patchy gaps will be gradually hidden, both by the longer hairs and also the slower, shorter hairs growing in.
2. How to stimulate facial hair growth by leaving the hair alone as it grows
Let the hair do its thing. This implies that you should not try in any way to shape it too very early in the growth process. When shaping of the facial hair, it is a very common mistake to take off more than the intended amount. For this particular reason, it’s better to just leave it alone while you are growing it out. Don’t worry, there is plenty of time for you to style it up later, after you’re happy with the growth.
- As the hair grows, comb it in the direction you may want it to grow. This can help it turn out looking the way you desire.
- After about five weeks, you may want to have a stylist do some professional shaping. Carefully direct that you are growing out the facial hair, and you just want to shape not a reduction in hair.
3. Using beard oil to make facial hair grow faster
Beard oil hydrates both the facial hair as well as the skin below. Since it has the moisturizing properties, it equally acts as a styling agent. A beard oil is perfect as even if you have less hair than you want to have, what you do have will look perfect.
- Experts also recommend use of the beard oil right after the morning shower. The pores will be much clean and able to absorb the oil. Just put a small amount of the oil into the hand and then rub it into the face and beard or even mustache.
- Beard oil makes the facial hair appear great, and also assists to keep it looking clean and smelling very fresh. There are several different brands that are on the market, so try a few to find the one you want best. Try visiting the men’s floor at the local department store as they might have a few free samples.
4. Hair growth supplements to make facial hair grow
There are some nutrients that you can add to the daily routine that may assist encourage faster, more effective hair growth. Consider adding of the supplements to the morning regimen by just asking the doctor before making any changes to the health care routine.
- Promote thicker hair using folic acid. This is vital for the growth and also repair of hair. Most of the drug stores and the health food stores can sell folic acid supplements.
- You may also try to increase the amount of the folic acid in the diet. Folic acid can be found in the whole-grain breads and also cereals, leafy green vegetables, and nuts.
- Increase the level of biotin intake to grow hair faster. Biotin is a vital water-soluble B vitamin, important for the formation of the fatty acids and also glucose, as well as for metabolizing of the amino acids and also carbohydrates. A biotin deficiency can cause hair loss, so making sure that you are getting the recommended amount is good worth the effort.
- Biotin is also found in liver, oysters, beans, fish, bananas, soy flour, cereals, yeast, and other foods. While you can take vitamin supplements that may include biotin, eating fresh foods is also a great option, if it is found near to you.
5. Practice proper facial skin care, massage
The skin is the body’s largest organ, and contains several important functions. One of the functions is assisting you grow hair. Caring for the skin is one of the most important and relevant ways that you can support the growth of fuller facial hair.
- Exfoliate the face. Hair follicles may become blocked with the dirt and prevent the hair from growing. Once a week, try to wear an exfoliant mask that has eucalyptus. It’s very good for the skin, and can assist to promote hair growth.
- Apply hair-healthy grooming products like the shampoos, or even lotions that has a vitamin B complex, will assist.
- Massage the hair follicles. A gentle massage might assist stimulate the hair follicles. Use the finger tips, and then gently massage the face in circular motions for about three minutes. Try using a facial moisturizer so as to create a smoother massage.
6. Diet for growing hair on face
Whatever you eat may have a major impact on all the aspects of the physical well-being. This includes a healthy skin and also a healthy hair growth.
There are several vitamins that have been found to promote the hair growth–including the facial hair. Pay attention to the diet, and make sure that you’re getting enough of the nutrients.
- Incorporate hair-healthy vitamins into the diet. While you might apply hair-growth treatments to the face, hoping for the best, working from the inside out is always the best option.
- Take in vitamin A. This vitamin normally stimulates the production of the sebum, which keeps the hair follicles and also the skin hydrated. You may find vitamin A in the eggs, meat, liver, carrots, broccoli, and also dark green leafy vegetables.
- Get plenty of vitamin E that has long been known as key for a healthy skin, and may increase the blood flow, which causes an optimal environment for the hair growth. Foods that are rich in vitamin E include oils, leafy vegetables, and beans, and many people obtain a lot of vitamin E by eating a normal diet.
- Boost the circulation with vitamin B3. Healthy circulation can have a positive effect on the hair growth. Reports indicate that B3 is even very effective when taken with biotin.
- Take in vitamin B5. This is also called pantothenic acid. It not only assists the body use the fats and proteins, relevant for the healthy hair, it also has been said that it can assist reduce stress; and stress may definitely inhibit the hair growth. Vitamin B5 occurs naturally in brewer’s yeast, avocado, egg yolks, duck, milk, whole-grain breads, and more.
7. Exercise to increase blood flow
There are very many health benefits of exercising like increased circulation that promotes hair growth. No matter how you best you can choose to exercise, just try to get the heart rate up for about an hour every other day. Making this part of the routine can assist to encourage healthy hair growth.
- Ensure to choose an activity that you like. If you like sports, organize for a weekly game of basketball or even soccer with friends. Involving others will make you more likely to stick to the exercise plans.
- Change the habits. You can find several ways to get more movement in the day. For instance, try taking of the stairs at work instead of the elevator.
8. Rest to improve overall health
Get plenty of sleep. The body uses sleep as time to grow and even repair. Teenagers require around eight to nine hours of sleep every other night, and adults need about seven to eight hours of sleep every night. Be sure that you plan a schedule so that you are giving the body enough time to function well, and grow the hair.
- Try to go to bed and also wake up at the same time each day. This might seem to be hard on the weekends, when it is tempting to sleep in. But having a regular sleep schedule is great for overall health.
9. Reduce stress
Manage stress. One of the noted side-effects of stress is the hair loss. This implies avoiding of the stressful situations, and even finding time throughout the day so as to relax. There are very many techniques that you can use so as to lower the level of stress. Try talking to a friend or even family member if you’re feeling stressed as they can often be a comfort.
- Focus on the breathing. Taking a lot deep breaths in and out during a stressful situation is a perfect way to calm the heart rate and also clear your mind.
- Be much patient. Remember that not everyone’s facial hair grows at the same or even a higher rate. Worrying about it isn’t going to assist, and might in fact make the situation much more worse. Try to focus on many other things throughout the day.
Grow Facial Hair Medically
Other than natural ways to stimulate facial hair to grow faster, commercial and medical products and procedures can also help you achieve the desired results. Hair growth products for men, such as rogaine and testosterone therapies can help with this.
1. Try applying Rogaine
Rogaine has an ingredient known as minoxidil that assists to stimulate fresh hair growth. It is one of the popular hair growth methods that are used by men. You can find Rogaine over-the-counter at the most of the drug stores. Just remember that, it is formulated for the hair growth on top of the head.
- It is very dangerous to ingest minoxidil, so be much careful when using Rogaine near the mouth. Be sure to consult with the physician before applying the use of Rogaine for facial hair growth.
- You may also have the side effects like eye burning or even irritation, dandruff, or even itchy skin.
2. Testosterone therapy
Testosterone, which is normally the male sex hormone, can be used through an injection, through topical applications, or even taken orally (although this is not recommended due to the adverse effects on the liver).
- Low testosterone levels might be responsible for the stunted facial hair growth. For better results, testosterone therapy should be closely regulated. Too muchtestosterone may backfire, and even inhibit growth of hair.
- If you have low level of testosterone, then there will likely be several other symptoms, like erectile dysfunction and even decreased muscle mass. The doctor will want to run some other tests to make sure the levels are actually low. Don’t count on a prescription based solely on the hair growth.
- Using testosterone can take up to a year so as to produce results.
3. Plastic surgery to grow facial hair
For some other people no matter what you try, whiskers will refuse to call your face home. When all else fails, a plastic surgeon might help by transplanting the hair follicles from the scalp into the face. Hair transplants might be very effective, but they can also be much costly, in terms of time as well as money.
- This is generally performed on an outpatient basis, and can lead to some mild skin irritation. It may also take quite a long time of about two years for the procedure to give the results you want.
- Ask the general physician to recommend a person she trusts to perform the transplants. Make sure you have a consultation anytime beforehand, and ask a lot of questions about the procedure.
Best facial beard hair growth stimulants
It is very easy to apply a stimulant of which most of them are in liquid foam and they contain very few side effects as compared to the supplements.
- How to stimulate facial hair growth by Beard growth stimulant oil xt- 100% all natural:
This product has been upgraded from the Beard Growther to Beard Growther XT. Therefore what has basically changed from the old (underrated model) to this new highly rated model is the enhanced version that has added values like a nice scent that makes it adorable and friendly to use.
The first version was through the performance but its smell was not pleasant. In the new version however, your hair will grow very fast and the smell is much pleasant. For best results, you should use it twice in a day; That is very early in the morning after conditioning of the beard with a product like ”Honest Amish Beard Balm Leave-in Conditioner” and then late in the night when going the bed. However, when you use it when going to bed, then some of it might sink in the pillow and it will become very oily and dirty.
So the best solution is to use it a few hours before bed time. This is enough time for the oil to sink into the beard.
It will only work if you begun with the 1st version and you observed some great results with it. XT version is thus an upgraded version as it makes the all process of growing a long beard very fast.
This oil should be used after washing or conditioning of the beard. Once used, it will moisturize condition and also enhance the beard growth. You have to use it until you get the desired results. To maintain the texture of the beard then you have to use a good conditioner
If you totally have no beards and you’re above 19 years of age it is recommended that you use this oil and beard growth supplements such as Beard Grow Xl Facial Hair Supplement. A combination of these two products can enhance the beard right from its roots. However it might take you a longer while to get a full beard as compared to a person who already had a smaller beard.
- It is incredibly fast and very effective
- It has a nice scent
- You can use it to grow sideburns
- No side effects
- With other beard conditioners ( like Under Soft Beard Balm)
- Can only work better if you first used version 1 of it.
- Sinks in the pillow at night thus making it very difficult to sleep
- How to stimulate facial hair growth by Ultimate Beard Growers Kit:
This kit is extremely packed with all the essential products you are require to have a long beard. It has one Bottle of Beard Growther Oil Xt, Shampoo for cleaning the beard, bear balm conditioner for softening the beard and a free pocket comb that would cost you about $20.
The only thing you may have to note is that this kit may not be effective if you have never used the first version of Beard Growther.
Since this is a kit, it cannot be fair to compare it with a beard growth spray. So the comparison will be between the Mountaineer Brand 100% Natural Complete Beard Care Kit & the Ultimate Beard Growers Kit.
These two kits contains almost the same number and type of items; but, the Timber Beard Oil that is found in Mountaineer Brand Kit is not very effective as our Beard Growther Oil Xt.
- Beard growth spray
Beard growth spray is a much more popular beard growth stimulant. It is much easy to apply and it is very natural so don’t expect any serious side effects as it will be with other products on the market. It can assist to grow facial hair but the process will take a longer period.
For quicker results, then you can accompany it with the Beard Grow XL supplements. When you combine a supplement with a stimulant then you get much quick results as the problem will be attacked from both in as well as outside.
According to some other people, they start seeing the results in the first month (after about 30 days). But those who have seen the tremendous results have combined the spray with a supplement such as the Beard Active, and so much more.
Once the beard is fully grown, take care of it by conditioning it every other morning and late in the night before going to bed. Keeping the beard moisturized all the time can make it grow thicker and much longer. You can reduce on the usage of the spray ounce you see substantial results.
You can use the spray on a grown beard or even a shaved beard. Results will be the same. However, some men believe that when you shave off the all beard and you apply the spray then the results will be better as you won’t have any patches or uneven beard.
- Six Highly Rated Beard Supplements and Stimulants That Work: http://www.hipsterbeardclub.com/beard-care-tips/6-beard-supplements-stimulants-work-men-highly-rated/
- Effects of Facial Hair on Perception and Behavior | The Role of Face Hair on How People Perceive Men
- Men’s Health: The 15 Best Ways To Grow Facial Hair Faster: http://www.indiatimes.com/health/healthyliving/men’s-health-the-15-best-ways-to-grow-facial-hair-faster-240312.html
- How to make facial hair grow faster: tips, tricks and myths: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/style/how-to-make-facial-hair-grow-faster-tips-tricks-and-myths/
- How to Grow a Thicker Beard (Faster and Better): https://www.baldingbeards.com/how-to-grow-a-thicker-beard/
- How to Make Facial Hair Grow Faster: http://www.md-health.com/How-To-Make-Facial-Hair-Grow-Faster.html