How to use Argan Oil for Natural Hair Growth-Benefits, Reviews & Products
How effective is argan oil for hair growth/loss and natural hair? What are the different ways you can this oil for hair care? Read to find out the benefits, before and after results, reviews and best argan oil pure products.
Why Argan oil for hair?
What properties of argan makes it good for hair? Back up this section with some studies
It has vitamin E
It is found in large quantities and it is beneficial in facilitating the growth of hair. This vitamin is also has some natural characteristics that help to prevent against irritating skin and dandruffs full scalp. Apart from that, vitamin also has a compounds known as phenols that provide nourishment to the hair follicles.
According to the Volume 16, number 3 of the Alternative Medicine Review Monograph, argan oil has the following therapeutic/ treatment properties:
From research, it was shown that application of the oil twice a day for four weeks led to reduced greasiness and improved appearance.
According to Dr. Philip Steig, from the department of Neurological surgery at the Weill Cornell Medical College, the oil contains more omega 3s than what is contained in olive oil, more than what vitamin E and almond oil contain. Due to this, it has very strong antioxidant properties.
It can soothe the skin when applied on the scalp. As a result, this ends up improving the circulation of blood below the scalp. As a result, this brings about the increased growth of hair.
Because of this property, the oil can be used to treat damaged skin and inflammation on the scalp. This is according to Madja Alaoui Sosso, who is the Director at one of the oil cooperatives in Morocco. The reason is because of the rich content of essential fatty acids that promote the health and beauty of the skin and hair.
Besides, the oil regulates the pH of the skin. This in the long run protects against sun exposure and other damage. More, it reduces inflammation and thus helps to control and overcome the conditions like eczema and psoriasis as it diminishes the scars.
It provides instant miniaturization of the hair and in the end prevents split ends as it brings shine back to the hair. More, it prevents the scalp from drying and itching.
It has other essential nutrients like vitamin C. The component is essential for the continuous nourishment of the hair. They also prevent the fall of hair from the scalp.
Benefits- How is argan oil good for hair?
The following are some of the benefits of argan oil on the hair:
It has the ability to make hair look silkier, shinier and softer. It can also help to reduce the frizzy hair and treat the split ends. To do this, follow the following procedure:
- Put a drop of the oil to your palms and then warm in your hands
- Spread the hair throughout your hair using your fingers
- Concentrate more on the ends of the hair
- Having done that, put ½ a drop of the oil to your finger then directly massage into your scalp
It protects your hair from the effects of flat irons and blow dryers
Other agents used in the hair contain many chemicals whose effects may end up being detrimental to the hair. Argan oil on the other hand enriches your hair as it nourishes it with nutrients and thus repairing damage. Follow the following procedure:
- Put some two drops of the oil into your hands
- Spread the oil into your arms and then your hair
- Using a brush or a comb, spread the oil in your hair starting with the roots to the tips
The oil helps to deal with dandruffs and other scalp conditions
The scalp has a compound that is called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This compound has the tendency to destroy hair follicles and hence bring about hair loss and reduced hair growth. This eventually brings about build-up of dead cells which are called dandruffs. The oil moisturizes the scalp and hence eliminates dandruffs.
It can be used in styling the hair
Since the oil can be used to curb frizz and give shine to your hair, it can also be used to style your hair. How this happens is that it makes your hair more manageable and makes it attractive. All you have to do is rub a few drops of the oil in your palms and then pass your fingers through your hair in order to spread it.
How to use Argan Oil for Hair Growth/Loss & Natural Hair
Recipes for hair growth/loss
This oil promotes the production of a component of the hair called keratin that is very necessary hair growth. In the long run, it also improves circulation of blood in the vessels beneath the scalp. As a consequence, the hair follicles obtain the important nutrients that are essential for hair growth. To facilitate the growth of hair:
- Before you start using the oil, exfoliate the scalp to unblock the hair follicles and also to give the oil a clear path to enter the scalp skin.
- put some drops of the oil on your fingertips
- Massage the oil into your scalp using a circular motion for around 10 minutes about 2 to 3 times per week.
- always start at the front hairline and move across the whole head to each side and then back
- Use some extra few drops of the oil to massage into the scalp so as to maintain the health of the hair
- Ensure you give the oil adequate time to interact with the scalp so as to penetrate the skin to the blood.
Recipes for natural hair
The oil can define the curls in your hair
The oil helps to define the curls in your hair and make them look more beautiful. All you have to do is as follows:
- Put a few drops of the oil into your hands
- Apply the oil into your hair and focus mainly the ends the layers of the hair
- After that, get your hair to a microfiber towel as you squeeze it without rubbing
- Repeat the procedure and every time work from the tips to the roots.
It helps to treat dry and brittle hair
In this case, you can use the oil overnight. You should do this once a week. To effectively do this, the following procedure would be good:
- You should put into your hand about 6 to 8 drops of the oil
- Spread the oil into your hair as you gently massage your scalp
- Spread it through your hair and apply to the ends and then cover your hair with a shower cap. The role of the shower cap is to retain the body’s heat and thus the oil penetrates to the roots of the hair.
- In the morning, ensure that you rinse your hair well with a lot of water until the residual oil is gone
- Use this treatment remedy for about a week.
Any other recipes for general hair care
The oil protects your hair before and after getting in the swimming pool
Swimming pools are treated with a lot of chemicals which could have very dangerous effects to your hair. The chlorine and salt in swimming pools could make the roots of your hair very weak. Before you get into the swimming pool:
- Apply some drops of the oil from the roots to the tips of your hair
- Apply a few drops of the oil and work through from the roots until the tips so as to lock moisture as serve as a barrier
- Carry on the procedure every other time before you get to the swimming pool
After getting out of the pool, your hair should be kept well in a maintained and conditioned well. The procedure is as follows:
- After getting out of the pool, wash and condition your hair
- Ensure you squeeze the ends of the hair gently so as to dry using a microfiber towel
- Warm some argan oil in your arms spread it through your hair beginning from the roots to the tips
- When you are done doing that, comb your hair from the roots to the tips if possible using a wide tooth comb so as to distribute the hair evenly.
Argan Oil Before and After Results & Pictures
Below are photos showing before and results of argan oil usage for hair.
Argan Oil for Hair Loss / Growth Reviews
As you’ve already learnt, there is some evidence that argan oil can help your in terms of growth after loss, texture among other benefits.
Basing on reviews from various online platforms such as hair forums, online stores such as Amazon and opinions from experts, this oil has massive positive reviews.
On Amazon for example one of the most argan oil product for hair has been 4.3 out of 5 stars. 69 percent of reviewers recommends argan oil.
Here is a snapshot of the reviews.
However not everyone has got positive reviews. As seen from the snapshot above it may make you greasy.
Best Argan Oil for Hair-Pure & Other top Brands
Tips to select the best argan oil for hair
Always ensure that the product you buy has 100% argan oil and devoid of any other additives like preservatives, fragrances, parrafinum or even water. Make sure it is pure argan oil.
Look at the packaging
Never go for the argan oil that is packaged in clear or plastic bags. This is because light hydrolyzes the oil and hence making it ineffective. The packaging bottles should be dark, ecofriendly and fully recyclable.
Consider the price
Always check the ingredients of the product and ensure it has adequate concentration. Do not buy a cheap product and compromise on the quality, and do not buy a product that is so pricey as compared to the concentration.
The best argan oil has a mild nutty aroma that tends to disappear upon application on the skin because it is absorbed. It should not be deodorized because the deodorization process removes the aroma along with other many more ingredients.
It should be smooth, non-stocky and not very watery. It should give a soothing effect once you apply it on your skin
Cosmetic argan oil possesses a slight golden yellow color. The color appears lighter if it is mixed with other oils.
The oil should be labelled 100% pure argan oil and should always have an ECOCERT
Best brands of pure argan oil for hair
Poppy Austin 100% Pure Argan Oil For Hair And Skin
It is packaged in a small 2 fluid ounce bottle. Every bottle has 100% pure argon oil. The oil is extracted using the cold press and hence the purity of the oil is preserved.
Radha Beauty Organic Argan Oil for Hair, Face, and Skin
It has no additives and hence 100% pure. It is of Moroccan origin and it is packaged in 4 fluid ounces bottle.
Foxbrim Organic Argan Oil
This is a virgin oil that is extracted by cold processing and hence of high purity. It has no additional substances. It is sold in 2 fluid ounce dark bottles hence protected from sunlight. It works with any type of skin and hair and the results are evident very fast.
Pura D’Or Moroccan Argan Oil
It is of high purity and low price. It is 100% pure and it is manufactured by cold pressing. It is used on the face, skin, hair and the nails
Other popular brands that are not necessarily pure
One ‘N Only Argan Oil
This helps to improve dull hair and makes it shinier and softer at the end of its use. It is absorbed immediately it is applied and does not leave behind a greasy appearance.
Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil
This one has the highest amount of vitamin E and fatty acids. It is a lightweight oil hence ideal for performing many other tasks. It moisturizes the hair and skin, it can treat split ends as it softens cuticles and hydrates the skin.
Laura Mercier Skin Repair Cream
It is used either in the evening or morning. It has the ability to penetrate the skin and reach the damaged cells underneath. It has been tested and proven to be free of any allergic reactions.
Other Argan oil hair products
Following are some other argan products for hair
Macadamia Natural Oil Flawless
This oil has cleansing properties without taking away any natural oils on the body. It also helps to reduce time that is needed to make your hair well done.
Redken All Soft Heavy Cream
This is an argan and avocado mixture. It leaves the hair smooth, shiny and ultra-touchable.
Moroccanoil Original Treatment
It provides essential nursing to the hair strands and restores any damages that might have been done by the hair tools.
How the products help hair.
The oil has fatty acids and Vitamin E. These two make the oil good for the treatment of damaged hair. The oil also has antimicrobial properties that may help to reduce inflammation that is brought about by these microorganisms.
Sources and References
Argan oil has so many benefits as you have discussed above.It has all the nutrients that the hair is starving of.You have explained each benefit in a very detailed manner.Very knowledgeable.This is exactly I was looking for.Thank you for the information.
Best Organic Argan Oil and Beauty Care Products