Skin color and eye color are the basis for choosing the right hair color. So, what is the best hair color for hazel eyes with a combination of other characteristics such as hazel green eyes, pale skin tone, hazel brown eyes, warm, and medium skin tones? We did our thorough research reading from the best hair stylists and makeup artistes and here are the best hair colors for women and men with hazel eye color.
Nexxus’ Aura Friedman, a celebrity hair color expert always advices her clients “that when it comes to choosing their color, you have to take into account your skin tone (and undertones), eye color and lifestyle” Most hairstyle and color salons will advise you to stay within your natural hair color shade.
Chic hair can be anything, but getting it wrong when it comes to choosing the right hair shade for your skin tone (fair skin tone, pale, warm, medium, dark etc.) and eye color can really make you look like a clashing human. Hazel eyes appear to shift from brown to green and this can make it difficult to get it right when selecting the hair color dye. Keep in mind that your shade of hair is supposed to do the following:
- Enhance your skin color or tone
- Complement your hair cut or hair style
- Brighten up your face and get those celebrity glowing looks
So, what hair color goes best with hazel eyes? Here’s a good range to pick from, with variations for girls and men with other varying features such as skin color tone or undertones.
- Best Hair Colors for Brown Eyes
- Hair Colors that Look Good on Warm Skin Tones
- Good Hair Colors for Cool Skin Tones
What Is the Best Hair Color for Hazel Eyes?
- What Is the Best Hair Color for Hazel Eyes?
- Best Hair Color for Green Hazel Eyes
- Best Hair Color for Hazel Brown Eyes
- Best Hair Color for Hazel Eyes and Pale Skin, Light or Fair Skin
- Good Hair Colors for Medium Skin with Hazel Eyes (Tanned Skin)
- Hair Color for Hazel Eyes and Warm Skin Tone
- Hazel Eyes and Olive Skin Tone
- Dark Skin with Hazel Colored Eyes
What hair color goes best with hazel eyes? As sure as the sun, the answer cannot be so straight here because people with hazel eye color don’t always have the same skin color and never wear the same outfits. With that in mind, finding the best hair color for hazel eyes will depend on various factors. So, let’s get you colors that will produce intensified and fashion tones that shine for you.
Colors to Avoid
According to Hair Color Sites, in choosing the best hair color for hazel eyes, women should avoid certain hair dyes or color shades especially during the warm season. These include:
- White hair coloring
- Black hair
- Platinum hair dyes
However, some of these hair colors are recommended for a cool season; specifically the platinum hair color dye. Avoid blue hair dyes completely especially if you have hazel brown eye color.
General Hair Color Shades that Look Good on Hazel Eyes
Well, hazel eyes are very unique and most people agree that they rock. The problem is that very few people want to give us advice on how to choose hair color for our eye color and its variations such as hazel green, hazel brown and hazel green.
However, now that you are here, you are either a hair stylist learning something to do with styling hazel eyes or you have this eye color and want to buy your new hair color or dye. I have 5 TIPS for you:
- Tip #1: You can actually choose from a very wide range of hair colors, starting from black to red. You will still look good. However, this will depend on many other factors including your skin tone as we will see below, in just a bit.
- Tip #2: Brown hair colors will almost always work for you. Reason? Brown will highlight the beauty flecks of gold, green and grey in your eyes.
- Tip #3: If you have hazel eyes and want them to look brighter, that is, more of yellow, green or blue, your best hair color for your eye color is blonde hair.
- Tip #4: Shades of red hair color will create a color effect that will highlight the grey and brown flecks in your eyes.
DO NOTE: Since we are looking for the best hair color for hazel eyes, the above information is far too general. Below, we have expert advice that will produce natural looking colors that will not only enhance your hair color but skin color as well for women with hazel eyes. So, to start us off, what is the best hair color for green hazel eyes?
Best Hair Color for Green Hazel Eyes
What shades of hair color will suit hazel green eyes and look good? According to Rimlee of Buzzle, a hair color that will look good on eyes with flecks of brown and gold is not necessarily good for hazel eyes that have green flecks or grey flecks in them. That said, here’s a general range of shades that will work well for hazel green eye color.
- If you want to highlight your dark green flecks in the hazel eyes, go for brown hair colors or its closer shades
- If you have light green flecks and would like to highlight them, the right hair color for hazel eyes to choose would be blond hair color.
- Blond colors of hair will also be good to highlight blue and yellow flecks in your eyes.
Best Hair Color for Hazel Brown Eyes
Hazel brown eyes are darker than the rest combinations. This means that you will have to do a lot more to brighten up your eyes using your hair dyes. So, what hair shade is the best for hazel brown eyes? Here are tips to help you choose something that will complement. Our suggestions are based on expert advice such as that from Hair Color Ideas and top hair color and styles magazines. Here we go:
- Brown shades on the other hand will bring out the flecks of gold and grey as well
- Choose red hair colors if you want to flaunt your grey and brown flecks of hazel eyes
Now that you know how to highlight your eye color in a way that you like the most:-
DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN USE HAIR COLOR TO MAKE HAIR LOOK THICKER TOO? According to Milady’s Standard Hair Coloring Manual, “you can make anyone’s hair look thicker by correctly matching and complementing their skin tone.” Now onto the skin tones. What we have done above is select a good shade basing on the dominant color in your eyes. According to Kristin Swain, an editor with television shows NCIS and SeaQuest, you should go with the two categories of base colors of the skin, namely the warm and cool tones.
What are warm tones or undertones?
People with warm tones will have red or golden undertones to their skin color or tone. Generally, this is a characteristic of people with pale skin tone, or light skin tone, or simply those who have tanned.
What is a cool skin tone?
People with cool undertones will have more of violet, blue or silver undertones to their skin color. Generally, women who fall in this category have olive skin tone, dark skin tone (African Americans).
Best Hair Color for Hazel Eyes and Pale Skin, Light or Fair Skin
Pale skin is also referred to as light skin or fair skin. Most people with this color already appear brighter and the eye color is slightly darker. If you not interested in getting crazy colors that attract attention for your hair, the most conventional dyes that look good on you would be both light and dark shades. You can go for this range even if you are choosing permanent hair dyes.
The question you should ask yourself is: What eye color do I want to highlight in the end using the color of my hair? Hazel comes in a mix of a few other colors and that is why you will be choosing which flecks to highlight. Here’s your guide for choosing the best hair color for light skin or fair skin.
- For pale skin, brown shades, red shades and blondes are good for you. The blondes will glow your blue colors in your eyes while reds will highlight the greenish-hazel shades in your eyes. When you go with brown hair color, your eye color will end up more like brown eyes because it subdues the lighter flecks in your pupil.
- But can you wear black hair color if you are pale skinned with hazel eyes? Yes! But only if you think your eyes are lighter. It is also recommended that when you go with black hair dye, a black mascara will come in handy.
Straight to it, your best choice would be something like darker brown hair. You can also go for dark brown hair color with blonde highlights. The reason behind this is that your lighter eye specks will be highlighted by the blond highlights while the dark brown hue will give your face the right frame.
And is there the best red hair color for hazel eyes? Well, you could also try shades of red hair colors. If you match it well with your skin complexion’s undertones, you will achieve an effect of green eyes.
Hair Color for Hazel Eyes and Warm Skin Tone
Helga Suratt, the professional behind About Faces Day Spa and Salon based in Towson, people with hazel eyes and warm skin tones are better off choosing medium brown, golden brown or black hair. Also, she goes ahead to recommend hues and shades such as auburn that would make hazel eyes pop while retaining your natural ruddy looks.
She goes ahead to advice that if “your natural hair color is light brown to medium blonde, add light or golden highlights or choose a medium brunette color on the warm side.”
Rimlee adds to this by recommending that people with warm skin tones and hazel colored eyes should always choose anything that appears to be rich and warm shades of brown hair colors. Women here can choose:
- Chocolate hair dyes
- Chestnut brown and
- Cinnamon brown
These three rich and luxurious hair dyes will certainly give you intensity of the golden flecks in your eyes. The flexibility with warm skin tones is that you can either go for one solid shade or choose to have a mix with highlights here and there.
Hazel Eyes and Olive Skin Tone
Most women with olive skin tone will have dark hair. If you examine carefully, you will notice that you have green undertones. This will play well for your eyes since they will be easily highlighted. As a general rule in the fashion and hairstyling industry, people with olive skin tones can pull off burgundies and cooler reds. Darker shades with highlights such as subtle caramel tones and creamed-coffee can really give a flattering effect. So, what is the best hair color for hazel eyes with olive skin tone?
- First, avoid light blonde hair
- Second, your best choices would be dark brown or black hair
Dark Skin with Hazel Colored Eyes
“Most dark skinned women tend to have warm undertones.” That is according to Total Beauty. Celebrities such as Rihanna, Jessica Alba and Beyonce all have warm skin tones and therefore look good with colors that are warm and rich. Generally, golden highlights, warm reds and browns look good on such skins. So, what if we throw in hazel eyes? What twist does it add?
- Choose dark hair dye and them make highlights in your hair
- Your highlights should be in the range of lighter browns or shades of blonde hair color
So there you have it, a complete guide to help you get the right hair color for your eye color, and matching it well with your skin tone and other factors in consideration. As we noted from the very start, it is almost impossible to just look at someone’s eye color and then decide the hair color straight away. Skin tone must be looked at as well. So what do you think of our suggestions? Comments below.
The Fashion Spot: Choosing Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
Beauty and Tips Magazine: 10 Wonderful Makeup Tips for Hazel Eyes
Allure Magazine: 6 Prettiest Makeup Shades for Hazel Eyes